- SCOTT TOILET PAPER: The original square was 4.5" x 4.5"; it is now 4.1" x 3.7"
- TROPICANA ORANGE JUICE: was 64 oz.; now is 59 oz.
- IVORY DISH DETERGENT: was 30 oz.; now 42 oz.
- KRAFT AMERICAN CHEESE: 24 slices to 22 slices
- COSTCO PAPER TOWELS: was 96.2 square feet; now 85 square feet
- HAAGEN DAZS ICE CREAM: was 16 oz.; now 14 oz.
- LANACANE FIRST AID SPRAY: was 113 g; now 99 g
- HILLS BROTHERS COFFEE: was 34.5 oz.; now 27.8 oz.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Sunday's paper had an interesting article about product downsizing, saying consumers would rather pay the same price for less than see a price increase for the same amount. Here are some examples of product downsizing the listed: