Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Whisper Theory

Hmmm... I'm not sure how to rate this book. It was definitely different than I expected. It was advertised as a book for teens and since I almost have a teenager in the house, I chose this book as my next free book from BookSneeze in exchange for a review.

This book appears to just be a nonfiction story about college kids but at the end of each chapter there is a Bible study - Scripture passages to read as well as thought-provoking questions. The topics included temptation, sex, drinking, murder, and more. Definitely a book for older teens. And probably a great study for college freshman, as the plot has quite a bit of reality to it.

At one point I thought of giving up on this book due to the content. But I stuck it out and it got better and the Bible study part of the chapters redeemed the book.

So for rating this book... four stars for a college Bible study but two stars when advertised as a teen study.

No comments:

Post a Comment